Home-Options Scheme User Guide
This page gives information and guidance on using the Home-Options Scheme in the Amber Valley, Derbyshire Dales, Erewash and High Peak areas.
To view the sections about using the Home-Options Scheme, follow the links below.
How Home-Options works
The priority bands
Where can I see a Home-Options property sheet?
Bidding on Home-Options
Which properties can I bid for?
Home-Options review process
Equal or fair access to Home-Options
Local Lettings Plans & planning restrictions
We have replaced our user guide with a series of fact sheets, that can be downloaded by clicking the links below:
Helping you find a home
How to bid for a home
Priority Bands, Priority Date and Local Connection
What you can bid for
Home-Options Policy 2013
The Home-Options Policy explains who is eligible to join Home-Options and how we let properties. For a copy of the policy click the link below:
The policy was reviewed in 2013. This policy came into effect on 1 May 2013.
Following consultation last year, we have made some changes to the Home-Options Policy. These changes will come into effect on 1 May 2013.
The changes will mean that some people will no longer qualify to join the housing register.
This includes people:
• who do not live in the UK when they first apply
• who do not have the right to housing in the UK
• who do not live in, or have a local connection to, the Home-Options area (this does not apply to people currently serving in the armed forces, people who have left in the last five years or a bereaved spouse or civil partner of someone who has died in service)
• who own their own home and are not in housing need
• who have been re-housed through Home-Options in the last five years and their circumstances haven’t changes since they were re-housed.
Anyone who has registered with Home-Options prior to 1 May 2013 but who no longer qualifies will have their application cancelled. If this applies to you, we will write to you to explain why and to let you know when your application will be cancelled.
You have the right to ask us to review this decision. Please see the Home-Options Policy for further information.
For Alternative Housing Options
For information about your housing options, please follow this link.
To contact your local Home-Options team, please click one of the links below:
For Amber Valley
For Derbyshire Dales
For High Peak